To promote the introduction of policies and programmes that support Malta's financial and fiscal well being and to contribute to the sustainability of such initiatives. Main Areas of Responsibility
- Formulating advice on revenue and expenditure policy.
- Evaluating individual spending programmes.
- Carrying out research and compiling policy submissions for consideration.
- Contributing to better financial management in the public service by carrying out an ongoing review of relevant policies and procedures.
- Providing ad hoc reports on financial policy issues in response to specific requests at Ministry level.
- Identifying focus areas for evaluation with a view to appraising consistency with overall Government policy.
- Facilitating better financial management via continuous updating of policies and procedures and contributing to their sustainability through a service-wide outreach programme.
- Evaluating the financial implications of new conditions of employment in the Public Service and ensuring that existing conditions of service are being implemented in accordance with approved parameters.
- Reviewing developments relating to the Public Private Partnership Programme with a view to contributing to the success of this initiative and its extension to other areas of activity.
- Monitoring the progress of efficiency review programmes in selected areas of activity across the Public Service.